This feels very polished! My only concern is that there doesn't seem to be any reason to not crouch the whole time. Well done nonetheless.
Blinkous is a really challenging arcade action game. You move really slowly, but luckily you have a super fast dash attack. You can dash to move around, avoid damage and inflict damage on enemies if you go through them.
- Easy to learn and hard to master gameplay with only three buttons
- Neverending action with endless waves of crushing enemies
- Three different types of enemies that will work together to destroy you
- Defeat enemies to increase your score. Aim for the highest!
- Pixel art and chiptune music for a great retro experience
- Code and Design by Marcos Fuchter Discord: marcosfl#2299
- Pixel art, Animation and Design by Gustavo Fernandes
- Music and Sound Design by Isaac S. Johnson Check out his website! Discord: isaac.s.johnson#8274
Any feedback is warmly welcomed and most appreciated. Feel free to contact us via Discord or anywhere else!
Our unnamed team's submission for the Game Maker's Toolkit Game Jam! Made in 48 hours.
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Thanks Greg! When you're not dashing you can choose to either crouch or walk. Crouching is definitely really useful for dodging most attacks and it's definitely much safer to crouch instead of walk. But walking has its uses too, like, walking towards a health pickup to crouch over it and walking to align yourself with a closeby enemy to dash without taking damage or hitting the weak spot. I'm really glad you enjoyed our game, I'm gonna check yours soon!